Since we are not going to be able to meet together in person for any kind of study group in the near future we are holding a weekly on-line study group on Zoom exploring the Psalms. We meet on Wednesday evenings starting at 7:30 pm. There are still 6 of the 8 sessions left and each session takes about an hour. Each week we will watch/listen to a short 10 to 15 minute talk by Denise Dombkowski Hopkins (a professor of biblical studies) followed by an exploration of the theme through an activity, and discussion questions to help us delve deeper.
The 8 weekly themes are:
1. Praying the Psalms, Praying Into Wholeness
2. The Synagogue, the Church, and the Psalms
3. Your Hallelujahs Don't Have to be Hollow Anymore
4. You Get What You Deserve, Don't You?
5. Complaining in Faith to God
6. Life in the Meanwhile
7. The Lord Reigns: Enthronement Psalms
8. I'll Never Be the Same Again
I’m happy to answer any questions you have on the study. If you are interested in joining in the study group please let me know and I’ll send you the link. -Roberta